ATLAS.ti is a powerful workbench for the qualitative analysis of large bodies of textual, graphical, audio, and video data.
It offers a variety of tools for accomplishing the tasks associated with any systematic approach to unstructured data, e.g., data that cannot be meaningfully analyzed by formal, statistical approaches.
In the course of qualitative analysis, ATLAS.ti helps you to explore the complex phenomena hidden in your textual and multimedia data. For coping with the inherent complexity of the tasks and the data, ATLAS.ti offers a powerful, intuitive environment that keeps you focused on the analyzed materials.
It offers sophisticated tools to manage, extract, compare, explore, and reassemble meaningful segments of large amounts of data in flexible and creative, yet systematic ways.
It's A New QDA World!
We have the great pleasure to announce to you the arrival of ATLAS.ti 6.0. Consider some of its awesome features:
ATLAS.ti 6.0 Released
Use ANY data material that can be converted to PDF, incl. Web pages, as
your primary document. No stripping documents to naked ".txt" files, no
extracting images by hand. Use PDF documents the way they were intended
to be used: text, graphics, layout and all.
Earth™ Geodata Integration
Treat the WORLD as your ultimate primary document. Move from place to
place, mark and code locations, link places to your data and your data
to actual places. Utilize Google Earth™ layers and community-created KMZ
overlays. Code literally "on location," right from your desktop.
Text-to-media Synchronization and On-Board Transcription Engine
Synchronize text with multimedia and watch your movies move in sync with
your transcription. Jump to a scene by clicking on the text, or to the
sentence in your transcript directly from the audio. Transcribe audio
and video directly in ATLAS.ti and link text and media together on the
spot. Or import transcripts + media straight from the 'F4' software.
Find a description of these and other new features of ATLAS.ti 6.0 at
Find information about upgrading your existing version of ATLAS.ti to the new
See for yourself what state-of-the-art QDA technology can do for your work.
Join the excitement!
- Interactive and automatic coding of rich text, image, audio and video materials
- “Rich” Text support with embedded active objects (Excel™, images, etc)
- Use Word™ documents via “on-the-fly” RTF conversion.
- Use PDF document without conversion--text, graphics, layout and all
- Google Earth™ Geodata Integration - Treat the world as your ultimate primary document.
- Text-to-media Synchronization
- On-Board Transcription Engine
- “Live” editable documents with dynamic multi-project update.
- Fully interactive margin area with drag & drop linking, coding, merging
- Intuitive: easy on-screen coding (drag & drop)
- All units annotatable: data segments, codes, memos, etc.
- Virtually unlimited number of documents, segments, codes and memos
- The ObjectExplorer: a hierarchical view of your data.
- Analyze proximity of coded data with the Cooccurrency Explorer.
- Visual model building and "mind mapping" with the Network Editor tool.
- Theory building & reuse: create & transfer knowledge networks between projects
- Network Editor now features auto-color node visualization
- Automatic, user-controllable network layout including a toplogical sort feature for project management tasks.
- Super codes capture hypothesis
- Hypertext: create and navigate hyperlinks to analyze threads of conversation.
- Powerful search & retrieve functions with Boolean, semantic, and proximity-based operators.
- The Object Crawler searches for textual patterns in the project
- Semi-automatic coding with multi-string text search and pattern matching ("GREP")
- Export project data to SPSS™, HTML, XML, CSV
- Quantitative data options: SPSS™, word frequency, and coding table export to Excel™
- East Asian and Middle Eastern language support
- Smart Super Families for powerful filters.
- Create impressive presentations using the XML/XSLT converter. Many useful stylesheets already included!
- Single compressed file project backup and migration.
- Table based bulk assignment of primary documents plus attributes (“families”)
- QUESSY.ti: include actual database content (Oracle™, MySQL, etc.) in your analysis (standard and multi user license only)
- Join the active ATLAS.ti Forum!
- Extensive support for teamwork (project merge, packaging and migration, entity authorship, shared documents)
- 400+ page User's Manual in Adobe™ Acrobat PDF format provided on CD. Reader included.
For a more detailed impression of some
of ATLAS.ti's central tools and
features, you can browse through the
But the best way to fully explore the nearly unlimited possibilities of ATLAS.ti
6 is by downloading and installing the free trial version.
Product brochure (English) (2 MB)