Sophos SafeGuard Encryption
Sophos is a developer and vendor of security software and hardware, providing endpoint, encryption, email, web, mobile and network security as well as Unified Threat Management products. Sophos is largely focused on providing security to organisations and businesses.
Sophos began producing its first antivirus and encryption products in 1985.
Sophos is a privately owned British-American company and is co-headquartered in England, UK and Burlington, Massachusetts, USA. The company has subsidiaries in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Singapore and Spain. The company has grown to more than 1,700 employees working in dozens of countries around the world.
Protecting your data, wherever it goes.
Complete data protection across multiple platforms and devices;
securing your data without slowing you down.
SafeGuard Enterprise provides you with a complete data protection solution, protecting data on multiple devices and operating systems. And, it's built to match organizational workflow and processes without slowing down productivity. This solution is ideal for medium to large-sized organizations who require an encryption solution that is reliable, simple to manage, and covers a broad spectrum of hardware platforms and devices.
- Performance: Leverage the native encryption built into the OS (e.g. BitLocker and FileVault for shorter boot-up time, quicker file access and faster initial encryption
- Multi-platform management: Manage all policies, devices and keys in a single central console, regardless of platform or operating system version
- Protect data everywhere: Encrypt sensitive data wherever it is stored: hard disk, removable media, network file shares or the cloud
- Third party validation on both performance and cost savings: Sophos Encryption technology is trusted by some of the world's leading companies, governments and military organizations
This solution is available in the following Sophos products:
- SafeGuard Enterprise Encryption
- SafeGuard Disk Encryption Advanced
- SafeGuard File Encryption Advanced
Please notice these three reference points:
- Regulatory Compliance: Every country has a multitude of regulatory compliance regulations surrounding data protection in place. If customer data is lost or stolen, Sophos Encryption ensures that this data can not be accessed.
- Easy Implementation: Sophos Enterprise Encryption is not only easy to install, but your customers will have control over all user endpoints (desktops, laptops, mobile devices, etc.) through a single console.
- Scalable Solution: This ensures the protection to able to grow with your customers' businesses needs.
- Windows 8 and 8.1 support across all modules
- Extended support for managing BitLocker
- Manage FileVault 2 full-disk encryption on Mac
- File encryption on Mac for removable media, file shares and cloud
- Usability improvements
- Simplified Management Center
- Simplified key ring creation
- Support for additional cloud storage providers
- Support for shared PCs and workstations on wheels (WoWs)
Introducing the new SafeGuard 7
Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise Encryption 7 introduces the most complete data protection solution on the market today, protecting data on multiple devices and operating systems. Whether your data resides on a laptop, a mobile device, or being collaborated upon via the cloud or other file sharing method, SafeGuard Encryption is built to match your organizational workflow and processes without slowing down productivity. Couple that with our management of Microsoft’s BitLocker and Apple’s FileVault and you have an offering that cannot be matched.
Data Protection Everywhere
Today’s users demand a wider and more unhindered access to company data: from mobile devices and home computers to USB sticks and the cloud. Sophos’ data protection solutions protect and encrypt all your devices and data without getting in the way.
The simplified, central control offered by SafeGuard Enterprise helps you comply with data protection regulations and prevent data breaches.
- Instant, detailed reports and audits
- Role-based management to separate authorization levels
- Dual-officer authorization for critical tasks
- Proven solution used by leading organizations worldwide
Encrypt Data on More Platforms
Now with new support for Windows 8 and 8.1, file and disk encryption on Macs, usability improvements and much more, SafeGuard Enterprise 7 is the complete data protection solution that keeps business data safe and compliant wherever it goes. Also, we extend access to encrypted data on the move from your mobile devices with our free Sophos Secure Workspace App.
Manage Native Device Encryption
For the fastest, easiest and most reliable full-disk encryption, SafeGuard Enterprise takes advantage of the technology built into the operating system. Seamlessly manage keys and recovery functions on BitLocker- and FileVault 2-encrypted drives from the SafeGuard Management Center.
Sophos Encryption Technology
SafeGuard Enterprise comes with our industry-leading encryption technology that provides fast and secure encryption whenever built-in operating system encryption is not available or applicable. Encryption of files, folders or devices is completely transparent and integrates in the management center alongside all other devices.
- Proven encryption technology certified by organizations across the world (FIPS, CC EAL4 and more)
- Manage devices and data in the single Management Center
- Flexible recovery options for keys, data and forgotten passwords
SafeGuard Management Center
Define, set up and manage encryption for all devices and platforms from a unified and central management center.
- Manage encryption for all your SafeGuard Enterprise modules
- Set data security policies for groups and devices from a centralized console
- Securely store, exchange and recover keys across devices and operating systems
- Reports on both Windows and Mac computers running SafeGuard
- Uses Active Directory to import user/device information, synchronize and schedule tasks
Protect Your Macs
Data on a Mac is as valuable as data on a Windows PC, which makes it vital to include Macs in your data encryption strategy. SafeGuard Enterprise protects your Macs with file and disk encryption and ensures that the data on your Macs is secure at all times. Includes encryption capability for removable media, network file shares and cloud on Mac.
- Manage file or disk encryption for Macs in the same Management Center as all other devices
- Manage FileVault 2 encrypted devices
- Works in the background without impacting performance
- Complete visibility and reporting on encryption status
Full system requirements and supported platforms:
Full system requirements for all Sophos products.