Borland C++Builder provides real ANSI/ISO C++ for the power and performance needed to implement cross-platform-ready e-business applications that support new and emerging Web Services technologies.
Borland C++Builder 6 Editions
C++Builder 6 Personal
Borland C++Builder Personal: contains the tools needed to begin developing for the Windows platform in C++, including true drag-and-drop visual development, enhanced wizards, sample applications and a C++ tutorial. Learn to debug and deploy Windows applications including applications that automate COM Objects including Microsoft Office, Outlook and other COM-enabled systems. Use CodeInsight wizards that complete the code and component templates to create re-usable components without writing code. C++Builder also provides support for industry standards including ANSI/ISO C++, Microsoft Windows 98, 2000 and XP.
C++Builder 6 Professional
Borland C++Builder Professional: provides a highly productive visual development environment for building Web and database applications for the Windows platform. C++Builder enables developers to integrate Web Services from across the Internet into applications using the power and flexibility of SOAP, XML and WSDL. C++Builder also includes CLX, the Borland Component Library for Cross-platform development. CLX enables the creation of cross-platform-ready applications that can be re-compiled and run on the Linux platform with currently planned releases of Borland C++ products for Linux. Gain access to data with database drivers supporting Borland InterBase, Access, Paradox, dBase and MySQL.
C++Builder 6 Enterprise
Borland C++Builder Enterprise: provides a robust, high-productivity e-business development platform. The BizSnap Web Services development framework enables business-to-business integration by creating industry-standard SOAP/XML Web Services and connections. Use WebSnap the component-based Web application development framework to increase the power and efficiency of Web application development. Use DataSnap to build enterprise-class database middleware solutions that integrate with many business applications. Create cross-platform-ready solutions for currently planned Borland C++ products for the Linux platform with CLX, the Borland Component Library for Cross-platform development. Gain full control of development and deployment of large projects with the new open-architecture Project Manager and internal make system.
C++Builder 6 Professional
C++ Builder Professional Edition uses the power and flexibility of SOAP and XML to integrate Web Services into client-side applications and enhances functionality with minimal code. Use CLX to create cross platform ready solutions and deploy to Linux.
- Integrate Web Services into applications: use wizards and simple component to integrate Web Services from across the Internet into applications. Enhance functionality with minimal code. Use services from a variety of standards-based platforms including .Net from Microsoft and ONE from Sun Microsystems
- Use SOAP, XML and WSDL: to build scalable, sophisticated applications
- Create cross-platform-ready solutions: use the Borland Component Library for Cross-platform development (CLX) to build applications that are source-code compatible with currently planned Borland C++ releases for the Linux platform
- Connect to local databases: integrate data into applications with ADO, dbExpress and BDE (Borland Database Engine) high-speed database drivers for popular databases such as Borland InterBase and the driverless local MyBase small-footprint database engine. Use the rich set of data-aware GUI components in C++Builder to prototype data-centric applications. Optimise the performance, scalability and responsiveness of database applications with the SQL Monitor and other debugging components
- Multi-target Project Manager: enables users to install and invoke external tools (such as shell programs, Perl scripts and others), create and use source pools and set build orders that can be customised within projects. Project Manager provides full control of sources with file dependency views and per-node compile, link and debug options. Manage projects efficiently with support for standalone C and C++ projects
- Create powerful applications: develop applications and build prototypes by selecting components from a palette. Features include to-do lists and wizards such as the control panel wizard to deploy solutions. CodeInsight technologies, including ToolTip expression evaluation, code find, code completion, parameter completion and code templates reduce syntax errors and speed C++ coding. New additions to the C++Builder IDE add functionality and stability to C++ development experience
- CodeInsight: the significantly enhanced CodeInsight engine results in performance gains. CodeInsight and code completion invoke quickly, providing detailed information about the object hierarchies, method names and parameter sets
- CodeGuard: locate and diagnose memory and resource leaks and errors. CodeGuard allocation monitoring pinpoints code in C and C++ memory leakage, including pointer arithmetic bugs. Just-in-time (JIT) debugging with on-the-fly JIT multi-debugger integration helps to solve runtime defects as they occur
- Optimised turnkey system: use C++Builder 6 and InterBase to combine high-productivity, high-performance development with a fast, low-maintenance, cross-platform, SQL standards-compliant relational database. InterBase provides the flexibility required for Internet, mobile and embedded database applications and delivers and deploys high-performance systems
- ActiveX and COM objects: use one step ActiveX with ActiveInsight and the COM object wizard to create high speed, industry-standard ActiveX controls and COM objects. Import COM servers as components and develop visually with a full suite of Microsoft Office Automation controller components. Complete support is provided for building ActiveX components and OLE controls
- Leverage existing C and C++ code: work with existing legacy and third-party code with Borland C++ and/or Microsoft Visual C++ project and code support. Code compatibility with the Microsoft product makes it to leverage existing Visual C++ projects and source, including MSDN and SDK source using the latest MFCand ATL libraries. Support is provided for STLport, RTL, ATL and MFC class frameworks to compile and build upon existing C and C++ code.
C++Builder 6 Enterprise
Borland C++Builder 6 Enterprise provides a robust, high-productivity e-business development platform. The BizSnap Web Services development framework enables business-to-business integration by creating industry-standard SOAP/XML Web Services and connections. Increase the power and efficiency of Web application development with WebSnap, the component-based Web application development framework. Useg DataSnap to build enterprise-class database middleware solutions that integrate with many business applications. Create cross-platform-ready solutions for currently planned Borland C++ products for the Linux the Borland Component Library for Cross-platform development. Gain full control of development and deployment of large projects with the new open-architecture Project Manager and internal make system.
- XML document objects and bindings: leverage CodeInsight and compiler type-checking to maintain consistent and accurate handling of documents
- XML data-binding wizard: provides a clean, simple way to access XML data without requiring complicated DOM programming
- WebPage Surface Designers: build and view WebSnap application surfaces in HTML
- XML tree and XSL tree: displays present any XML and XSL documents with easy-to-read indentations and syntax-highlighting
- Server-side scriptable Web page components: to interface WebSnap and NetCLX objects with Web site development teams and scripters
- Pre-built scriptable Web page components: includes data sets, login forms, end-user sessions and other commonly required Web application elements
- Page producers and dispatchers: for servicing standard and XSL-transformed XML pages, logical pages and custom adapters and services
- Multiple Web modules: to organise pages and sites in a single project
- XSL page producers: for combining XML source data with XSL transforms to produce full page outputs to HTML
- Active script debugging support: in WebSnap
- Web dispatchers:support sophisticated HTTP request dispatching for servicing standard and XSL-transformed XML pages, logical pages and custom adapters and services
- XML source views: to view dynamically generated XML and make changes to page transforms
- HTML syntax highlighting: in the editor for easier assimilation of Web scripts
- DataSnap: e-business data-access middleware services
- Web client, GUI client and Web Services: access to any supported RDBMS
- SOAP/XML, COM, CORBA, Web and TCP/IP access: connections available for maximised network connectivity and flexibility
- Build SOAP/XML Web Services interfaces: to enterprise-class databases including IBM, DB2, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and Borland InterBase
- Data-set based architecture: for rapid learning curve; use existing skill sets to scale applications
- Support for dbGo: for ADO, BDE, IBX and new dbExpress data-access architectures
- Object-broker load balancing: to promote high performance even when under the heaviest loads
- Automatic database constraint propagation: brings business rules to client applications for local processing, conserving server power.