Affinity Designer has truly changed the world of graphic design. Five years of intensive refinement since launch have been dedicated to our unwavering vision of a powerful, super-smooth app which improves your workflow and allows your creativity to shine.
No bloat, no gimmicks, just all the tools you need, implemented how you always dreamed. Affinity Designer is a stripped back, pro-end workhorse that will always get your job done.
Fast and glorious
Affinity Designer was created to thrive on the electric pace of the latest computing hardware. Live, responsive and incredibly fluid, it’s simply a joy to use.
- Pan and zoom at 60fps
- Live gradients, effects and adjustments
- Real time blend mode previews
- All transforms and curve edits previewed live
As complex as you like
The engine behind Affinity Designer is built to handle huge documents so you can be confident in adding all those tiny details without any compromize to performance.
- Optimized for documents of any complexity
- Handle 1000s of objects with no lag
- Organize with layer groups and colour tagging
- Live outline view for accurate selections
Vector or raster, you decide
With a single click, switch between full featured vector and raster workspaces. Just think about what that means…add raster brush texture to your illustrations, edit single pixels on icons, mask and add grain to your crisp vectors, enclose and clip pixel layers. This is true creative freedom and the possibilities are endless.
Built for your workflow
Thousands of designers around the world told us how they need their graphic design app to behave. We put that knowledge at the core of Affinity Designer.
Any device, anywhere
Whether on Windows, Mac or iPad the features and file format are exactly same. This gives complete freedom to seamlessly work across your (or your team’s) different devices with the same file.
Work in RGB or LAB color spaces - even up to 32-bits per channel. Plus if you’re designing for print, pantone support, end-to-end CMYK and ICC color management are built in as standard.
Rock solid vector tools
Affinity Designer is full of tools meticulously developed for achieving high productivity, while maintaining 100 percent accurate geometry.
- Comprehensive vector toolset
- The best pen & node tool available
- Pencil and brush stabilisation
- Non-destructive boolean operations
Advanced grids and guides
The options you have for setting up grids and guides is almost unlimited. Whether it’s a standard grid pattern, or full isometric with multiple planes, you have full control over spacing, sub-divisions, gutters, angles and more.
- Column and page guides
- Isometric grids and planes
- Auto-alignment tools
- Pixel snapping and alignment
One million+ percent zoom
This is what we mean by power. From the beginning we developed our engine to work to floating point accuracy. What does this mean? 1,000,000% zoom!
Layout all your screens, pages, menus and other items in a single project across any number of artboards. Export artboards, or any individual elements in your designs, with a single click.
- Create artboards of any size
- Choose from preset device sizes
- Output full artboards or elements in any format
- Export at 1x, 2x and 3x resolution in one operation
Collection of various screens of an iOS app illustrating the unlimited artboards feature
Symbols allow you to include unlimited instances of the same base object across your project. Edit one, and the rest update instantly. It’s easy to create multiple versions of symbols with some attributes detached, or even have symbols within symbols to allow some really innovative ways to speed up your workflow.
Live pixel preview
Pixel perfect designs are assured by viewing your work in pixel preview mode. This allows you to view vectors in both standard and retina resolution, giving you a completely live view of how every element of your design will export.
Whether working with artistic text for headlines, or frames of text for body copy, you can add advanced styling and ligatures with full control over leading, kerning, tracking and more. At any time convert your text to curves to take full control and produce your own exquisite, custom typography to add serious impact.
- Comprehensive OpenType support
- Artistic text and text frames
- Character and paragraph styles
- Flow text along any path
Professional output for print, screen or collaboration
Advanced file support is at the core of the back-end technology behind Affinity Designer. All the major image and vector file types are supported, including PDF/X4, EPS, SVG and full layered PSD support.
And it keeps getting better
We always listen to our customer feedback to ensure Affinity Designer remains the best graphic design app available. Here’s just some of the improvements we implemented in our latest 1.7 update:
- Big performance increases across Mac, Windows and iPad
- Pen and dial support for Surface devices
- HDR / EDR monitor support
- Create and edit directly in any isometric plane
- New transform mode in Node tool
- Lasso selection of nodes
- New sculpt mode added to pencil
- Add unlimited strokes and fills to a single shape
- New point transform tool
- Many grid improvements, including a new cube grid and column guides
- Many PSD import / export improvements
- Layers studio revamp
- Pixel persona now supports sub-brushes and symmetry (up to 32-way)
- Alternate futures for document history