ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2010
ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2010
ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2010 has everything you need to author, edit, and publish documentation, policy manuals, and user manuals your readers will love.
Use Doc-To-Help’s XML-based editor, Microsoft Word, or HTML and produce desktop, Web, or print deliverables. All you need to do is write (or import) and Doc-To-Help does the rest.
- Author: Create content once using your favorite editor (e.g., Microsoft Word, Adobe Dreamweaver, or Doc-To-Help’s new built-in XML-based editor).
- Edit: Enjoy the convenience of visual project management features such as a topics organiser, related topics editor, and drag-and-drop linking. Plus, save time with automatic Table of Contents, Index, and Glossary generation.
- Publish: Generate a combination of outputs with just one-click (online Help, Web content, and press-ready manuals) – without changing or reformatting content.
- Publish Professional Quality Online and Print Content No Matter What the Source is: Whether you are writing in Doc-To-Help’s editor, Microsoft Word, or HTML, both print and online output will be professional quality.
- Generate as Many Versions as You Like From a Single Project, with a Single Click: Imagine producing different version of print and online docmentation just by making a menu selection. The time savings are outstanding.
- Easily Leverage Existing Content: Start with content you already have. Doc-To-Help can import/parse Word, HTML, and XHTML files as well as RoboHelp, HTML Help, and WinHelp projects.
- True XML Editing with Word-like Simplicity: Author directly in Doc-To-Help’s editor, if you choose, and it will create standards compliant source code for you.
- Everything is in One Box: You get all this in one application. There is no need to buy and use multiple products.
Doc-To-Help's unique combination of editing, single sourcing, and publishing technology translates to significant time savings and the highest level of quality. Since Doc-To-Help is the complete documentation solution, your need for additional tools has been eliminated.
When choosing Doc-To-Help, you have many options:
- Doc-To-Help Enterprise - Use Doc-To-Help’s XML-based editor, Microsoft Word, or HTML and produce desktop, Web, or print deliverables. All you need to do is write (or import) and Doc-To-Help does the rest.
- Doc-To-Help for Word - Transform Word documents to desktop, Web, or print deliverables. Automatic navigation and organization plus content management features make your life easy.
- Doc-To-Help Enterprise DemoWorks Bundle - bundles ComponentOne's popular screen recording toll with Doc-To-Help for one low price.
- Built-in XML Based Editor
Author content in Doc-To-Help's full-featured editor. This unique editor has
the ease of Microsoft Word while it automatically creates
standards-compliant source code. An intuitive style editor helps you with
formatting. Also included is a converter for transforming Word and HTML
content to XHTML.
- Option to Author in Word or Any HTML
If you wish, author your source documents in Microsoft Word, HTML, or both.
Doc-To-Help toolbars and wizards automatically install in Microsoft Word and
FrontPage, as well as Adobe Dreamweaver. Your content stays in your editor,
no import or proprietary code is necessary.
- Easy Single Source Publishing
Quickly and easily create HTML Help, Web-based Help, JavaHelp, WinHelp,
Visual Studio .NET-style Help, and printed documentation from one source
project. Both automatic and manual conditional features ensure that content
for each deliverable is appropriate.
- Convert Existing Manuals to Online
Content or Help
Doc-To-Help can easily convert your existing Word manuals to online content
or Help. At the basic level, Doc-To-Help will separate your document into
topics by headings or you can create more advanced projects with
interactivity and customization.
- Embedded .NET Dynamic Help
Easily embed a dynamic Help pane in the application's interface and use the
visual topic mapping feature to associate topics with the interface
elements. Communication between developers and writers has never been
- XHTML Converter
Convert your existing Word or HTML documents to XHTML with a click.
Doc-To-Help will even allow you to map your styles to XHTML elements if you
- Drag-and-drop Linking
Drag items from Doc-To-Help's topic grid and drop them into your content to
automatically create links.
- Import Project Settings
Use settings from an existing project in order to jumpstart new projects and
- Legacy Project Converters
Using a Wizard, you can convert legacy projects with a few clicks. You can
convert RoboHelp HTML, RoboHelp Word, HTML Help, WinHelp, and Doc-To-Help
- Powerful Single-sourcing with
Use Doc-To-Help’s built-in conditions for powerful single-sourcing. It is
possible to conditionalize text, topics, or even entire documents. In
addition, you can conditionalize by output type, project, and by
- Content Variables
Using Variables, you can manage content in one place for reuse across your
project. Text Variables can be used for any amount of unformatted text; Rich
Content Variables allow you to store formatting along with text.
- Intuitive Microsoft Office 2007
Doc-To-Help 2008 features a brand new interface. Outlook-style navigation,
ribbon toolbars, and dialog boxes makes features and settings easy to find
and use. This interface will make your experience more efficient and
- Configure Help Elements with Styles
Use convenient toolbars to effortlessly apply styles that translate into
Help elements (pop-up topics, links, dynamic text, cross-references, and
more) when you build your project.
- Quickly Integrate Graphics and
Easily insert images and Flash movies in your project. Add hotspot links to
images using the Image Map Editor.
- Context Sensitive Help Mapping in a
Automatically generate context IDs, or specify your own, to map topics to
your application’s interface.
- Insert ComponentOne DemoWorks Flash
You can now quickly insert a Flash movie into your Word files with a new
toolbar button. With a Wizard, Doc-To-Help will embed the movie and
automatically apply conditions that exclude it from printed manuals and
other outputs that do not support Flash. Flash movies can be created with
DemoWorks, also available from ComponentOne. Special DemoWorks Bundles are
available. See purchase options for more details.
- Configurable Breadcrumb Navigation
Breadcrumbs help end-users pinpoint their location in a Help file.
Doc-To-Help's HTML-based outputs (NetHelp, HTML-Help, HTML 2.0) include
breadcrumbs that are fully customizable and removable.
- Organize Topics with
Increase the readability of your online Help topics by including
collapsible/expandable sections complete with "+" and "-" icons. Doc-To-Help
makes this as simple as applying a style; no special code is needed.
- Insert Dynamic Text Effects into
Impress your end-users with expanding, drop-down, and pop-up text.
- Automatic and Customizable Table of
Contents and Index
Doc-To-Help can use information from your source content to automatically
create a table of contents and an index. Customize them to your liking or
create your own from scratch. You can even create customized TOCs for
- Easy Glossary creation/integration
Use the convenient toolbar buttons or styles to add and sort glossary terms.
If you wish, Doc-To-Help can automatically create a link to the glossary
definition every time that term is used in your Help project.
- Control the Look and Feel of Your
Use the Theme Designer to control the layout and appearance of topics for
HTML-based platforms. NetHelp themes include print/email topic and
save-to-favorites options to improve the user experience.
- Built-in Style Sheet Editor
The new Style Sheet Editor allows you to edit and manage your HTML styles in
an intuitive Microsoft Office 2007 style interface.
- Team Authoring Support
Doc-To-Help’s source control technology provides integrated
check-in/check-out functions so multiple authors may contribute to one
- Microsoft Windows Vista and Office
2007 System Support
Doc-To-Help supports Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office System
including seamless integration with Word 2007.
- NetHelp for Web Publishing
ComponentOne NetHelp is our exclusive Cross-Platform HTML output. Easily
create a searchable Help system designed for deployment on the Web.
- One-click XHTML Output
Doc-To-Help now generates XHTML versions of all HTML based outputs (NetHelp,
HTML Help, Help 2.0, and JavaHelp). The content generated complies with the
W3C transitional XHTML specification.
- Industry Standard Help files
Create virtually every popular Help output. Chose from Web-based Help, HTML
Help, Help 2.0, JavaHelp, and WinHelp.
- Powerful Print Output Features
Create professional printed documentation from Word or HTML source complete
with a customizable title page, table of contents, index, and glossary –
without any adding field codes, page breaks, or headers/footers. You can
automatically create a print-ready PDF manual and skip the manual-to-PDF
- Microsoft Sandcastle Plug-in
Microsoft's Sandcastle utility automatically creates MSDN formatted
reference documentation from .NET source code and XML comment files.
Doc-To-Help integrates Sandcastle's XML output into your projects,
automatically creating topics, index, TOC, and other Help elements. You can
build on this information by editing/adding your own topics, and linking to
namespaces. This content integrates with the Help system in Visual Studio
.NET (Help 2.0).
- Drag-and-drop Topic Relations
The new Related Topics Editor makes it easy to form topic relations.
Doc-To-Help automatically creates “See Also” links based on styles; now you
can augment those links, or even remove selected ones.
- Built-in or Custom Templates
Choose from a variety of templates for producing high quality print
documentation. You can modify the built-in templates or use your own.
- Margin Notes That Work in Both Print
Add margin notes in Word with the click of a button. These notes can be
designated to appear as popups in online Help.
- Merge Multiple Projects
Combine multiple projects into one TOC, index, and glossary.
- Modular Table of Contents Utility
Automatically populate all modular system Help files with fully functional
table of contents links.
- Generate PDFs Two Different Ways
Doc-To-Help produces printed manuals in .PDF and/or Word format. Generate
your .PDF directly from Doc-To-Help or from a generated .doc file. This
gives you the option to format your manual before you generate the .PDF. No
need for third-party utilities either.
- Section 508 Compliant Output
Doc-To-Help creates a version of NetHelp that is Compliant with Section 508
of the US Rehabilitation Act.
- XML Transforms
Use XSLT or .NET to add your own topic features in XHTML-based outputs.
- Command-line Support
Build a Doc-To-Help project, or multiple Doc-To-Help projects in batch, from
the command line.
- Scripting Support
Use Visual Basic to create custom scripts and assign them to styles to
develop your own features.
||Doc-To-Help for Word
|Multiple Author Support
|RoboHelp HTML Converter
|HTML Help Converter
|RoboHelp Word Converter
|All Help Features
What's New in 2010 v1
- Use Doc-To-Help with Microsoft Team
Doc-To-Help now integrates with Team Foundation Server so you can manage all
aspects of your project in the industry standard source control system.
Doc-To-Help gives you an interface for all of Team Foundation Server’s
features (i.e., versioning, history, comparison) so you can rest easy when
planning team projects. Note that Doc-To-Help also includes its own team
authoring support feature for those who do not wish to use Team Foundation
- Convert Any RoboHelp Project to
Doc-To-Help has long been recognized as the tool of choice for RoboHelp
users looking for alternatives. The RoboHelp project converter would convert
RoboHelp HTML to a Doc-To-Help HTML source project and, likewise, a RoboHelp
Word project to a Doc-To-Help Word source project. Now, you can convert any
RoboHelp project to XHTML for editing in Doc-To-Help’s built-in editor. Try
- Don’t Worry About Lists; Support has
Lists (bulleted or numbered) are a thorn in an author’s side. Seemingly
simple tasks such as restarting numbering and nesting lists can become
difficult in any editor. Doc-To-Help 2010 now allows you choose to continue
or restart numbering as well as create nested lists without problem.
Additionally, lists are preserved when converting a source from RoboHelp,
Word, or HTML to XHTML.
- Click a Button; Get Collapsible
The ability to configure expanding/collapsing sections in any editing
environment is a very popular Doc-To-Help feature. Until now, users had to
find and apply the appropriate styles to add this functionality to their
content. Now, all it takes is a simple click of a button on the Doc-To-Help
(or Insert) toolbar.
One software license is required per user. All
updates and upgrades included for 1 Year.
Standard Service (Included with any Doc-To-Help
- All updates and upgrades for 1 Year
- Unlimited email support
- Unlimited online support
- Community forums
- Knowledgebase access
Platinum Service includes all Standard Service
- Unlimited phone support (available Monday
through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern, USA, except weekends and
- FastTrack 24 hour response (Excludes weekend
Upgrade Price Options
For customers that own a previous Doc-To-Help
version or any ComponentOne Studio.
Renewal Price Options
For customers with a current subscription license.
Must renew before expiration date.
Doc-To-Help has 2 levels of service: Standard and Platinum. Both levels last for
one year from date of purchase.
Standard Service includes:
All updates and upgrades
Unlimited email support
Unlimited online support
Platinum Service includes:
All updates and upgrades
Unlimited phone support (Available 9:00 AM –
5:00 PM EST except weekends and holidays)
FastTrack 24 hour response (Excludes weekends
Unlimited online support
Renewal pricing is only valid before subscription
expiration date. If the licence is expired, customers would have to purchase an
Operating System for Deployment
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows NT 4.0
Architecture of Product
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
- Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0
- Microsoft Visual Studio 97
- Microsoft Visual Basic 2005
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
- Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
- Microsoft Visual C# 2005
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Microsoft Office 2003
- Microsoft Office XP
- Microsoft Office 2000
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5
- C++Builder 6
- Delphi 2006 (10.0)
- Delphi 2005 (9.0)
- Delphi 8.0
- .NET Framework 2.0
- Disk Space Required: 25MB
- Memory Required: 128MB
- Software Required: Microsoft Word 2000
(version 9.0) or later, Microsoft .NET framework version 2 or later,
MDAC V2.6 or later
Download Doc-To-Help® Enterprise 2010 v1 Free Trial
ComponentOne proudly announces the availability of Doc-To-Help 2010, the leading
all-in-one authoring and publishing tool. Listen as Lance Dockins, our newest
Doc-To-Help MVP and owner of Vrazer a web and communications consultancy, talks
about his experience using Doc-To-Help.
Lance turned to Doc-To-Help to
write content once and reuse it for many documentation channels, including
in-application, support website, and printed manuals. Lance's experience with
Doc-To-Help began with him converting his RoboHelp projects, initially authoring
in Dreamweaver and ultimately working in Doc-To-Help's editor.