Corel PaintShop Pro X8
Corel is one of the world's top software companies providing some of the industry’s best-known graphics,
productivity and digital media products. Boasting the most comprehensive portfolio of innovative software,
we've built a reputation for delivering solutions that are easy to learn and use, helping people achieve
new levels of creativity and productivity. The industry has responded with hundreds of awards for
innovation, design and value.
Used by millions of people around the world, our product lines include CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite,
Corel® Painter®, Corel® PaintShop® Pro, Corel® VideoStudio® and Corel® WordPerfect® Office. For
more information on Corel, please visit www.corel.com.
Corel PaintShop Pro just got even better!
NEW Corel PaintShop Pro X8 is better than ever with exciting creative tools, enhanced layers, faster brushes and more precise selection tools. And those who choose NEW Corel PaintShop Pro X8 Ultimate will benefit from carefully chosen bonus software that makes it a complete home studio. With hundreds of presets and filters, powerful RAW editing and automatic image correction, it's a photographer's dream come true.
Here are just a few of the new and enhanced features of PaintShop Pro X8:
Instantly fill any
vector shape or
selection with text
wraps within your
shape. Try it to
design elements for
Edit faster with
tool that replaces
the background when
you move an object
or person. Drag your
selection to a new
position and the
empty area is filled
With speed gains of
40 – 120%, many
brushes are faster
and more responsive
than ever. Plus, a
larger maximum brush
size of 3,000 pixels
lets you cover more
area, more quickly.
PaintShop Pro X8 offers designers & photo enthusiasts a comprehensive package, now with:
- New! Text Wrapping – Designers and scrapbookers can effortlessly add text within shapes or selections, something you won’t find in Photoshop.
- New! Magic Move – Use this content-aware tool to automatically replace the background when moving objects or people in a photo.
- Enhanced! Batch Mode – This step-by-step process accelerates common photo tasks like resizing and watermarking. Output thousands images in just seconds.
- New! Lens Corrections – Fix common lens performance issues, such as barrel distortion, vignetting and more.
- Enhanced! Camera RAW Lab
– Updated layout with new before/after views & large preview window. Quickly add more RAW images and apply new lens corrections.
- Enhanced! Selection Tools Options
– Make selections more quickly and accurately with:
- New! Smart Selection Brush Tolerance – Adjustable tolerance setting to make more precise selections across areas close in tone or hue.
- New! Selection Style Options – Define a selection size by typing height and width values or fixed aspect ratio, either custom or from a built-in database.
- Enhanced! Power and Speed
– Performance gains keep you in the creative groove with faster paint, air, retouch and art media brushes (now 40-120% faster), increased maximum brush size (up to 3,000 pixels), enhanced Smart Edge to help you stay “inside the lines” (up to 50% faster), and accelerated save times (*.pspimage files save up to 50% faster).
- New! 4K Monitor Support
– Beautiful workspace and all-new icons ensure your software and photos look incredible.
- Enhanced! Layer Workflow
– Manage, control and find layers better than ever before with:
- New! Quick Search – Search by name to find the right layer in seconds.
- Enhanced! Layer Control – Individual layers can now be merged and layer groups expanded or collapsed.
- Plus! New additions boost productivity – PaintShop Pro X8 includes numerous new features based on user suggestions including the Before/After button in the Adjust workspace, updated save behavior and ‘Save As’ dialog, new swatches in the Materials Palette, Text & Shape Cutter preview, Gradient preview and more!
PaintShop Pro Version-to-Version Comparison [PDF]
Corel® PaintShop® Pro X8 Top 5 Reasons to Buy
1. Everything you need for pro-quality photo
editing and design
– quickly browse, preview, tag, rate and organize your image collection
– make photo adjustments quickly with fast fixes like Smart Photo fix,
makeover tools and more
– everything you need for professional photo editing, image composition and
graphic design, including layers, creative tools for text, drawing, painting
and more—all for a dramatically lower price than subscription-based tools
2. Powerful tools let you realize your creative
The magic of PaintShop Pro is in
its wealth of creative capabilities. Whether you are a professional designer or
a photo editing novice, the right tools are there when you need them to help you
achieve your creative vision:
Wrapping lets you instantly wrap text inside
any vector shape or selection. Simply choose your shape or draw your
selection using any of the selection tools—and fill it with text. The text
automatically wraps within the shape—faster and more easily than ever
before. This is an ideal effect for posters, scrapbooking, brochures,
collages, websites and other projects.
content-aware Magic Move accelerates editing
by automatically replacing the background when you move an object. Simply
select the person or object to move and drag it to a new position. The empty
area left behind is automatically filled to match the surrounding
Professional-level photo editing at an affordable price
Why subscribe to PhotoShop when
so much professional power is available right here? Take your skills to the next
level with the advanced, professional-quality photo-editing capabilities in
PaintShop Pro X8.
Layers – use
multiple, non-destructive layers when editing images to create photo composites
or dynamic designs. New layer enhancements in this release include layer
searching, merging selected layers and expanding/collapsing layer groups
Camera RAW Lab –
enjoy complete control over your RAW images with an enhanced RAW Lab layout,
including before and after views, and a larger preview
High Dynamic Range (HDR)
tools – recombine auto-bracketed exposures to create a single, stunning HDR
photo with intense visual contrast
– whether you’re in the Edit workspace or the Camera RAW Lab, you can apply Lens
Correction tools automatically to correct the distortions, vignetting and
chromatic aberrations that are commonly introduced by most camera lenses
Single RAW Photo
for HDR Effect – split an individual RAW file into
three images and then selectively recombine them to create an HDR-style effect
scripting engine – speed up common and repetitive
tasks by scripting almost any action with the full-featured scripting engine and
scripting guide. Share your scripts with your team or online
third-party plugins – support for 64-bit versions
of third-party plugin tools and support for Adobe plugins opens a world of
– manage and save IPTC metadata in your RAW files, giving you more control over
the information contained in your image files. You can also output your RAW file
as a JPG or TIF and include IPTC data
– PaintShop Pro X8 can now read and import data
saved in XMP files, which are created by many RAW image-editing applications to
save edits without affecting the original RAW files
enhancements speed you through editing
Finish your editing faster and
get back outside to shoot or have fun! From brush performance and selection
tools, to batch processing and file saving, actions throughout PaintShop Pro X8
have been accelerated and streamlined to minimize effort—and increase
responsiveness. Brush speeds of several brushes are boosted again in this
release to be 40 – 120% faster. Selection tools now have a Tolerance
setting, allowing you to set precise values to define an area. A new Batch
Mode interface makes it fast and easy to work with large groups of photos
and apply actions, such as Watermark, Resize, Script and more. Choose security
features to apply upon output, including deleting file information and location,
or embedding a watermark. Native PaintShop Pro image files save up to 50%
5. Fast fixes and instant effects
Power is great. Speed is often
better. PaintShop Pro X8 gives you both! Turn photos into stunning images faster
with improved quick-to-preview photo effects tools:
Retro Lab – bring
a vintage look to your photos by applying old school color and contrast to your
photos inspired by early lo-fi cameras
Graduated Filter tool
– quickly and easily add unique color gradient effects to your images
Instant Effects –
choose from a variety of preset effects which are organized into style
categories such as Artistic, Film Styles, Black & White and Landscape
Selective Focus –
play with depth of field in your photos or apply bokeh effects to keep parts of
the image in focus and the rest blurred
Corel® PaintShop® Pro X8 Top 5 Reasons to Upgrade
1. New! Text wrapping
Corel PaintShop Pro X8 makes it
easy to use text as a design element in your creative projects. New Text
Wrapping lets you instantly wrap text inside any vector shape or selection.
Simply choose your shape or draw your selection using any of the selection
tools—and fill it with text. The text automatically wraps within the
shape—faster and more easily than ever before. This is an ideal effect for
posters, scrapbooking, brochures, collages, websites and other projects—all made
easier and faster by PaintShop Pro.
2. New! Easily move people or objects
Accelerate editing with Magic
Move, a new content-aware tool that automatically replaces the background
when you move an object. Simply select the person or object to move and drag it
to a new position. The empty area left behind is automatically filled to match
the surrounding background.
Enhanced! Redesigned Batch Mode interface
Work faster and smarter with a
new Batch Mode. Easily select and delete photos, and quickly apply batch
actions, such as Watermark, Resize, Script and more. Choose security features to
apply upon output, including deleting file information and location, or
embedding a watermark.
4. New! More precise selections
Fast and accurate selection tools
are a must for any photo editor. The enhanced Smart Selection Brush now
includes a Tolerance setting for more precise selections across areas
that are close in tone or hue. New Selection Style options for the
Selection Tool let you define a selection size by typing height and width
values, or you can define a fixed aspect ratio for the selection. Or choose one
of the popular standard resolutions if desired.
5. Enhanced! More power and speed than ever before
In every new version of PaintShop Pro, the people at Corel
dedicate themselves to making photo-editing and design workflows faster and
better. The new PaintShop Pro X8 includes performance gains that save you time
and make editing tasks more responsive and enjoyable:
for a more responsive feel – Enjoy speed
gains of 40 – 120% for brushes, including Paint Brush, Air Brush, Retouch
Brushes (Dodge, Burn, Soften and others), and Art Media Brushes (Oil brush,
Chalk Marker and others)
brush size – Cover more area, more quickly and
responsively, with an increased maximum brush size of 3,000 pixels
Edge – see up to 50% faster performance when using
the Smart Edge feature, which works with several tools help keep your
brushstrokes “inside the lines”
– our native PaintShop Pro image file format (*.pspimage) saves up to 50%
faster, to keep you in your creative groove
Windows® 8/8.1, Windows® 7 with latest service pack (32-bit or 64-bit
1.5Ghz or faster processor with SSE2 supported (multi-core processer
2GB of RAM
available hard-disk space required (2GB recommended)
resolution with 16bit color display (1366 x 768 resolution with 24 bit or
higher color display recommended)
DirectX 9 or
higher compatible video adapter with latest driver
connection required for online features and tutorial videos
compatible CD/DVD drive for installation
AI, BMP, CAL, CALS, CGM, CLP, CMX*, CT, CUR, CUT, DCX, DIB, DRW*,
EMF, EPS, GIF, HDP, HGL*, HPG*, IFF, IMG, J2C, J2K, JIF, JP2, JPC,
JPE, JPEG, JPG, JPS, JPX, MAC, MPO, MRW, MSP, PBM, PCD*, PCT, PCX,
PDF, PGL*, PGM, PIC, PICT, PNG, PNS, PPM, PS, PSD, PSP (PSP image
files), RAS, RAW, RIF, RLE, SCT, SVG, SVGZ, TGA, TIF, UFO, WBM, WBMP, WDP,
WEBP, WMF, WPG**
Includes RAW file support from over 300 camera models with the following
ARW, CR2, CRW, DCR, DNG, K25, KDC, NEF, NRW, ORF, PEF, RAF, RW2, SR2, SRF,
DRW, HGL, HPG, PCD and PGL formats supported on 32 bit systems only.
(WordPerfect Vector only) not supported on 64 bit. WordPerfect Bitmap is
supported on 64bit.
PhotoShop Brush (.abr)
Jasc Brush (.jbr)