TechSmith Camtasia Studio 7
NEW Camtasia Studio 7!
Generate sophisticated, effective screencasts — faster, easier, and more consistently!
Camtasia Relay software is the simplest, most streamlined way to make
information available to those who need it—anywhere, anytime, on demand.
With Camtasia Studio, anyone can easily record and edit high-quality screen videos to share on the Web, CD, and mobile devices.
Use Camtasia Studio to create and share:
- Training videos
- Tech support tutorials
- PowerPoint presentations
- Sales demos
As simple as record, edit, share
- Record – Record the whole screen or just part of it. Choose the dimensions you want, and Camtasia Recorder will resize your application to fit.
- Edit – Combine clips, remove mistakes, and add professional polish with audio, graphics, titles, and more.
- Share – Produce your video in any popular format, including iPod video, MP3, Flash (SWF and FLV), AVI, WMV, QuickTime (MOV), and RealMedia (RM).
Make yourself available on demand Create videos anywhere – your desk, the corner coffee shop, or in front of an audience. Viewers can easily watch your videos online, or download and play them — wherever they are, whenever they need to.
Also available: Camtasia Studio & SnagIt Bundle.
What's New in Camtasia Studio 7
Camtasia Studio has always been more than a simple screen recorder. Now we've
redesigned and rebuilt it to help your new and existing customers generate
sophisticated, effective screencasts — faster, easier, and with more consistency.
Upgrade your existing Camtasia accounts or sell this great product to brand new
Save editing time and achieve a consistent look across projects and team members
by storing callouts, title slides, or an entire intro sequence for later reuse.
Eye-grabbing media assets
Your library comes stocked with professionally-designed media assets from
Digital Juice…with the possibility to add more. These animated backgrounds,
lower third callouts, and music tracks are an easy way to make your screencast
Sketch motion callouts
Call attention to the important bits with animated shapes that appear to be
hand-drawn right onto the video.
Make keystrokes visible to viewers! Camtasia Studio automatically takes note of
any keyboard shortcuts used during recording and can show the keys as a graphic
overlay in your video.
Give your screen casts a visual makeover with snazzy, new callout styles and an
easy way to make your own custom callouts—now with support for image
Editable cursor effects
Help viewers follow along by enlarging the mouse pointer, making it a spotlight,
or visualizing clicks. You control how (and whether) the cursor appears at any
point on the timeline!
TechSmith’s exclusive SmartFocus technology now places smoother, better-timed,
more accurate zooms and pans so your content always looks sharp at any size—a
Precision volume controls
Fade the volume of an audio track up and down at any point in your video, using
simple controls built into the timeline.
Sleek, new interface
Find and use more of the product’s features…and get projects done faster.
Copy and paste
Spent time tweaking a transition, zoom, or other effect? Now you can use it
again—just copy and paste to a different spot on the timeline or add it to the
Get in front of millions! Produce and upload HD-quality videos to YouTube
without leaving Camtasia Studio.
Optimized screen recorder
Techsmith's capture engine now harnesses the power of multi-core processors to
boost frame rates by up to 50%—for smoother motion when recording things like 3D
design software, real world video, or Flash animations.
Camtasia Studio 7.
It's so easy! Anyone can use it!
Sales & marketing, educators, IT & training, multimedia experts,
In fact, it's perfect for any PC user who needs to share
knowledge, promote a product, or teach someone a process.
Screencast videos cut the costs and hassle of rolling
out a new website or software application, collaborating
at a distance, and supporting customers and employees.
There's no clearer way to demonstrate a process,
product, or idea.
Why will users love Camtasia Studio?
Camtasia Studio is screen recording software for creating
eye-catching training, presentation, and demo videos that enables your
Easily record onscreen activity, webcam video, PowerPoint slides,
microphone and system audio.
Powerful editing toolset: transitions, graphical callouts, title slides,
TechSmith exclusive! SmartFocus technology
intelligently adapts content for clarity on small screens, such as
Produce HD-quality videos that can be shared anywhere: websites, blogs,
intranet, YouTube, CD-ROM, and Apple devices (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPod
- Video Features:
combine digital video files with screen recordings and edit files into a
screen video production
- Streamlined recorder for swifter capture:
The streamlined Camtasia Recorder makes selecting an
area to record both fast and easy. There's just one button, no confusing
choices. And the clever, new crosshairs makes it child's play to select a
region, object, window, or the whole screen.
- SmartFocus: freedom to capture now, decide later:
Don't worry about the final product, just relax and record your whole screen.
Camtasia SmartFocus keeps track of where the action happens during your
recording. It automatically creates editable zoom-n-pan points that keep the
important parts visible with razor-sharp clarity...even if you produce the
video for iPod-sized screens. Fully automatic, very freeing. You've never
seen anything like this.
- ExpressShow: sleeker Flash, simpler sharing:
Kiss supporting files goodbye. TechSmith
ExpressShow creates a single, beautiful Flash SWF file that can be easily
embedded into any Web site, blog, or multimedia project. With a glossy
thumbnail image, full-screen playback option, and floating table of contents,
this is Flash video that makes you look good. Very good.
- Predictable, surgically precise editing:
Camtasia Studio 5 projects are now edited at 30 frames per second. With more
frames to choose from, it’s easier to cut—and keep—precisely what you want,
and with greater project stability.
- Easy output for bloggers:
Camtasia Studio 5 lets bloggers record and publish to
Screencast.com, and blog about it in minutes. Or using the built-in FTP
support, moving videos to your own server can be just as painless.
- An experience you can count on:
Now with Project Settings and an accurate preview, you can edit your video
and see exactly what it will look like before you produce it. And the new
AutoSave protects your edits in the event of a crash.
- Interactive Flash Hot Spots:
add interactivity to Flash movies to create application
simulations and add onscreen navigation
- Playback Size Options:
show high-quality screen recordings on smallPC and handheld
screens and zoom in over time or cut to a focused area of the screen
- Preview edits and transitions in real-time
- Add calls out at any time in the production process
by integrating Producer and Effects
- Fade calls out in and out
- Narrate an entire timeline across multiple clips
- Resize and detach the video preview window
- Launch MenuMaker and Theatre from within Producer
- Add video transitions between clips.
- Recording: preview
audio levels prior to recording narration using a Recording Wizard
- Unlimited Flash Video Output:
use Macromedia Flash MX 2004 Professional and Camtasia Studio
to produce screen recordings as true streaming Flash files (FLV)
- Full-Motion Screen Recording:
click Record to create a tutorial or demonstration, recording
full-motion video in real-time
- Lossless Quality and Small File Sizes:
use to compression to distribute videos over the
Web, via e-mail or on CD-ROM
- Screen Highlights:
use cursor highlights to track screen movements
- Edit, Cut and Join Video Clips:
produce smooth, free-flowing videos with multiple editing
options including adding title or explanatory graphics and narration or
- Personalised Video:
add digital video footage from video camera or camcorder to
- Zoom and Pan: for
use on a laptop or handheld device
- Calls out and Text Boxes:
use calls out, text boxes and other visual effects
- Flash and Streaming Video:
support for popular video and animation standards. File
- Macromedia Flash (SWF)
- Macromedia Flash Video (FLV)
- Microsoft Windows Media (WMV)
- QuickTime (MOV)
- RealMedia (RM)
- Executable (EXE)
- Animated GIF.
- Customised CD Menus:
organise materials using a CD-ROM menu including videos,
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, Microsoft Word documents, PDF files, Web
pages, text files and exectuables
- Web Menus: theatre
for Camtasia Studio creates a single Web menu for finding and playing back
multiple Flash videos
- PowerPoint Presentations:
pre-record software demonstrations and tutorials and embed
them into presentations
- Components for Flash MX:
customise the playback controls, pre-loading animation and
film duration for Flash (SWF) videos
- TechSmith Screen Capture Codec (TSCC):
providing lossless image quality and compression
ratios that are optimised for screen capture. The default codec can be
changed to a standard Microsoft Windows codec although it is recommended
that it is changed in Camtasia Producer. TSCC compression requires the users
to install TSCC.
Volume License Includes:
One downloaded copy of the software with permission to
install it on multiple workstations.
The following multiple user licensing is available:
- 2-4 users
- 5-9 users
- 10-14 users
- 15-24 users
- 25-49 users
- 50-99 users
- 100-249 users
- 250-499 users
- 500-1000 users.
School site licence
- 2 site licences available: up to 100 seats or up to
- School site licence includes teacher home use rights
- One year's maintenance included
- School licences are restricted to individual schools
located at a single address
Benefits for teachers
- They can enhance their daily lessons easily by
capturing exactly what they see on their computer screen and turning it
into video or still images.
- By recording a lesson overview before an absence,
teachers can leave stand-ins to help students continue learning at the
same high-quality level.
- Classroom lessons can be recorded easily to video and
saved for re-use later.
- Recordings can be posted online for students to view
whenever they want.
Benefits for students
- Access online lesson recordings to catch up if absent
from class or for future reference.
- Embed images into Microsoft Office applications to
visually enhance presentations.
- Students can post their own lesson recordings online
for other students to view.
- Screencasting to help students teach students
- Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Vista
- Microsoft DirectX 9 or later version
- 1.0 gHz minimum ~ Recommended: 2.0 GHz Core Duo or
- 500 MB RAM minimum ~ Recommended: 2.0 GB
- 115 MB of hard-disk space for program installation
- Camtasia Studio Add-in for PowerPoint requires PowerPoint
2000, 2002, 2003, or 2007
- Production to the Apple iPod/iPod Touch/iPhone format
requires Apple QuickTime 7.2 or later
- Dedicated Windows-compatible sound card, microphone and
- Camera video recording requires a USB Web Camera. Digital
video (DV) cameras are not supported.
- Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Vista
- 300 MHz processor
- 64 MB of RAM